Monday, January 18, 2010

Month One - Day 14 to 17

This week hasn’t been the greatest. I’ve spent the last two weeks searching for the elusive balance that exists between school or work life and social life. I think I’m finally on the right path after a disastrous week. I am becoming less stressed about the giant pile of work that is constantly looming in the near future.

Stress is a real problem in my life as it depresses me. In turn, this removes any motivation I might have had to achieve. I always struggle against a figurative downward pressure and my negative internal dialogue in order to succeed at anything. This is definitely evident in my weigh in this week; I gained back what I lost last week plus 0.2 of a pound.

I am happy to report though, that I have abstained from sugary soda drinks this week even in the face of a party. This makes me very proud of myself. In addition to this small but important victory I made vegetable sticks instead of buying potato chips for a snack. It’s these little things that keep me going and I will persevere and will move forward to my goal. I appreciate all your support and would love to hear your struggles and or victories on your journey.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment